How to fix the connection error “dns_probe_finished_no_internet”
In this tip we will show you different ways to fix the connection error “dns_probe_finished_no_internet” on Windows, Android and MacOS.
The error “dns_probe_finished_no_internet” indicates that your system or the browser cannot establish a connection to the internet server. It occurs in all Windows versions as well as under MacOS, but mainly when using Google Chrome. In this tip, we are going to show you how to fix the problem.
1. Fix “dns_probe_finished_no_internet” error under Windows 10: First steps
First of all, make sure that your PC is actually connected to the internet. All you have to do is take a look at the system tray. If no active Internet connection is displayed there, you must either establish it via an Ethernet cable or set up a WLAN connection.
If everything is OK, an antivirus program or the firewall may also be causing the problem. Deactivate both services as a test and check whether the “dns_probe_finished_no_internet” error still occurs. If everything then works as desired, either define an appropriate firewall rule or add an exception for the program in your antivirus software.
If this measure does not produce the desired result either, disconnect the router from the power supply for a few seconds and then try again.
If the error message still appears, you can still try these steps:
- Deactivate all browser plug-ins and then try again to see if you can open the page.
- Check whether the driver for your network card is possibly out of date and carry out an update if necessary.
1.1. Reset Winsock Catalog
Winsock is responsible for connecting the PC to the Internet and saves the connections made in the catalog of the same name. If the “dns_probe_finished_no_internet” error occurs, it can be helpful to reset it. To do this, proceed as follows:
- Enter “cmd” in the Windows 10 search bar and then right-click on “Command Prompt”.
- In the context menu, select the entry “Run as administrator”.
- Type in the command “netsh winsock reset” and confirm with “Enter”.
- The Winsock catalog will now be reset. When the process is complete, restart Windows for the changes to take effect.