The default local Linksys IP address, which is determined on the Linksys router that enables you to access the Internet and acts as a Linksys provider, is known as 192.168.1.1. Your internet router login process is completed through this address, as well as that the wireless access is performed through it. Unless you make a change manually, this address, also called the default gateway, remains the same. If you cannot reach the Internet with the current IP address and so want to change it, you can do this by using the setup section. Of course, in order to that, you must connect wifi by entering your username and password. That is, if your device is not connected to the wireless internet of your Linksys router, you cannot make any change by using it.
How to change the IP address on router Linksys?
So, in order to learn how to set up the router Linksys access address, you can do the following:
- To change the IP address, all you have to do is access the page with the default address. For this, connect to the wireless internet via a device. Complete your login process by entering the correct password and username.
- Then type CMD on Taskbar and search.
- Click on Command Prompt.
- Type ‘’ipconfig / all’’ and click Enter to change your Linksys IP address.
- Find the section with the Default Gateway setting and change the settings.
Router access still does not work?
- The firewall is to blame
A firewall is probably blocking access. Take a look at For individuals who have a independent firewall or a person build as aspect inside of your protection suite. Approve IP address becoming an exception – or briefly disable the firewall. Don’t forget: you should reactivate the firewall afterwards. The Windows Firewall should not be to blame for your problem, by the way. In the standard settings, you can access the router without an ip any problems.
- Parental control software installed?
Another stumbling block may be mounted kid safety software. The filter refuses access to the website of the router interface.